SBH Diagnostics (SBHD) is an innovative Contract Research Organization and CLIA Lab dedicated to providing accurate and reproducible biomarker analysis services. We are focused on the commercialization of Laboratory Developed Tests (LDTs). In the SBH Diagnostics portfolio under CLIA auspices are the Pico-molar C-Peptide test, the High-specific Glucagon Test and and the EASy-Sjogren's test using the Automatic Simple Western process. SBHD is located in Natick, MA and is associated with SBH Sciences and GlycoZym.
SBH Sciences provides cell-based discovery and preclinical process development services based on its expertise in cell culture, biologic production, and biomarker development. The company's extensive, innovative cell based cytokine and cancer drug profiling assays (using over 180 human cancer cell lines), provide time and cost effective tools for screening drug candidates and optimizing therapeutics leads mainly in Oncology and Inflammation. SBH Sciences has comprehensive preclinical production capabilities for biologics, from DNA to final pure active product. Moreover, the company's immunological expertise provides a rapid path to biomarker discovery, optimization and implementation of new diagnostics tools.
GlycoZym USA Inc. is a world-leader in the discovery and development of biomarkers for cancer and autoimmune diseases. Since the start of laboratory operations in the beginning of 2009, GlycoZym's focus has been on the development of biomarker libraries that are displayed on microarrays (Chips) that can probe the human immune system for signatures of disease or effects of disease treatment. GlycoZym's competitive advantage centers on its proprietary technologies (16 issued US patents) and compound libraries that allow for high throughput screening of immunity to naturally occurring disease modified proteins.
CLIA Readiness for Laboratory-Developed Tests (LDTs)
SBH Diagnostics provides a unique set of In-house CLIA Test Validation expertise and methodologies that includes:
- Dedicated Lab infrastructure
- ELISA based assay development
- High-throughput HPLC and Mass-Spec, Liquid Extraction, Speed-VAC Equipment Stations
- Orbitrap, NMR, MALDI expertise
- PHD and Masters technologists
- LIMS Platform utilizations for data reporting and equipment allocations
- Regulatory Consultants on-staff
- HIPAA Trained technical staff
- In-house Cell Assay Expertise
- In-house Cancer Diagnostic Biomarker development technology
Automated Western Analysis Services
We are excited to introduce a new and innovative CRO protein analysis service in our CLIA registered lab for Pharmaceutical and Biotech Companies using traditional western blots in their research, development, and QC labs.
A major challenge in protein research is obtaining quantitative, reproducible, high content information quickly. SBH Diagnostics offers a new automated process (Simple WesternTM) using a novel capillary electrophoresis (CE) based immunodetection platform for protein separation and characterization. Proteins can be separated by size as in traditional PAGE Western or by their pI as in traditional CE.
The SBH Diagnostics Service offers Simple WesternTM currently used in big pharma for vaccine development, cell lysate analysis (from tissue culture or tumors), identification and quantitation of tumor-associated proteins, focusing on key kinase inhibitor targets in precious clinical patient samples.
Benefits of the new SBH Diagnostic Western Service
- Provide quantitative reproducible protein analysis with CVs under 10%
- High throughput capability
- Able to multiplex and normalize to standard proteins
- Evaluate efficacy in cancer therapeutics against key cancer-associated target proteins in kinase signaling pathways
- Stratify patient populations for clinical trials
- Cost effective
The Simple WesternTM Protein Analysis can provide:
- Protein quantification and characterization
- Protein Charge Heterogeneity
- Protein Formulation & Stability Testing
- Antibody and Antibody Drug-Conjugate Characterization
- Gel and Blot Documentation
- Immunoassay Multiplex Protein Detection
- Post-Translational Modification Characterization
The Caption below describes the Fully Automated process, for either molecular weight separation of proteins or separation by their pI.
Click Here for more information on How Simple Western Works.
Please contact us to discuss your Western Applications.